Become a Bollywood Dance Teacher!
The 1st Bollywood Dance Academy Greece offers a Dance Diploma to become a Certified Bollywood Dance teacher in Greece and abroad!
You also have the opportunity to be chosen as a member of the professional team of the Academy, where you will receive contracts for shows in Corporate events, International Dance Festivals, Television, Weddings among other occasions. The selection of the dancers will be based purely on merit, i.e, their discipline, dance skills and team up.
Since 2015, the Academy has coached and accredited over 35 teachers who are teaching, performing and spreading the joy of Bollywood dance all over Greece and abroad!
HOW TO GET THE DANCE DIPLOMA?
A student has to go through 450hrs of training over the period of up to 3 years to be eligible for the Final exams of the Dance Diploma.
(Note: Professional dancers who enroll for this Diploma might be eligible to appear for the exams earlier based on the teachers’ discretion i.e., they can get their diplomas in less than 450hrs of training.)
The 450 hrs. include:
- Regular weekly classes: The Academy provides up to 6hrs of weekly classes Including Bollywood Dance and Indian Classical dance Bharatanatyam led by our renowned faculty. You need to enroll at least 2hrs per week depending on your schedule.
- Bimonthly Intensive Training: These courses are offered by our Artistic Director Anna Dimitratou and Choreographer Sumon Rudra every two months, which include exclusive theory, technique and choreography for the Diploma students. You need to attend all the intensive training sessions for at least the first year. You will receive a certificate after completion of every intensive training.
Beside the weekly classes and the intensive trainings, the students have to also attend the Masterclasses and Workshops during the Biggest Indian Dance Festival: Bollywood & Multicultural Dance Festival (BMDF), organised by the 1st Bollywood Dance Academy Greece, at the historical Dora Stratou theatre, every summer in Athens. You get the opportunity to learn from International teachers from all over the world, through the 10+ Workshops and Masterclasses which include a list of Indian dance forms. You need to attend all the workshops for at least one edition of the BMDF. You will receive a certificate after completion of Workshops and Masterclasses every festival.
- The examination is conducted every year at the BMDF.
- Students who have completed the above-mentioned training will have to present themselves for the examination in front of a selected panel of internationally renowned teachers who will be the part of BMDF that year.
- They have to compete in the Professional category of the International Bollywood Dance Competition that year.
- Students will be examined on a theoretical level as well as on a practical level.
- They have to create a 2-3 minute choreography of their own which they will perform at the exams.
- Selected students will be awarded the Dance Diploma at the special Convocation ceremony during the Bollywood and Multicultural Dance Festival the same year.